The name of Patterson has a long-term connection with insurance dating back to 1853 when Jonathan Patterson served as the President and Director of the Pennsylvania Fire Insurance Company.
Timeline of Preston-Patterson Company, Inc.
- 1935 – Richard D. Patterson began his insurance career at Peake Brothers, Inc. with Ralph W. Preston as an Associate.
- 1947 – Richard D. Patterson and Ralph W. Preston started Preston-Patterson Company, Inc.
- 1964 – Theodore L. Bailey joined Preston-Patterson as a principal. Bailey brought the business from Francis A. Donaldson Co., a firm that was formed in 1866 and that Bailey acquired in 1956. Richard M. Patterson, the son of Richard D. Patterson also joined Preston-Patterson.
- 1983 – John and Stephen Patterson, two of Richard’s sons joined Preston-Patterson.
- 1994 – Stuart Patterson, the youngest son of Richard joined Preston-Patterson.
- 2001 – John, Stephen and Stuart Patterson acquired Preston-Patterson from Richard, who retired.
The Pattersons and 3 unique divisions within the company
- John B. Patterson II manages Personal Insurance
- Stephen W. Patterson manages Broadcaster Insurance
- J. Stuart Patterson manages Business Insurance
The 3 stockholders each maintain a unique and personal style within their individual divisions while continually building relationships and providing excellent service.
Today, Preston-Patterson Company, Inc. is licensed in 47 states and manages $15M in premium.