An auto insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. You pay a premium, and in exchange, the insurance company promises to pay for specific car-related financial losses during the term of the policy. We write insurance in 47 states and would be happy to help you ensure you have the right coverage for where you live.
How much auto insurance is right for you?
Auto insurance requirements vary by state. In some states, to legally drive, you must carry:
- Liability coverage – will pay to defend you against claims brought about by others for alleged bodily injury and property damage
- No-fault coverage – will pay for you and your passengers’ medical and related expenses regardless of fault
- Both liability and no-fault coverage
Even in states where coverage isn’t required, drivers must, by law, be able to pay for losses they cause others. Having insurance is the simplest way for most people to comply. To finance a car, it is usually necessary to have insurance which covers damage to your vehicle. This includes:
- Collision Insurance - pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible that is selected by you. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. Agreed amount coverage is also available.
- Comprehensive Insurance (Other than Collision) - covers losses to your vehicle such as theft, vandalism, flood, fire, falling objects, windshield/glass repairs, and collision with animals. Standard comprehensive pays up to the fair market value of your car, less your deductible. Agreed amount coverage is also available. Every situation is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on auto insurance for you.